* Activations and 12 mins BT (Body Tempering) gut roll.
* More planks and croc breathing
* Push ups off the suspension straps 12×10 to 15. Changed grips
* Push ups off the crash mats with pause on bottom 10×12
* Activations with planks and croc breathing in between
* Lot of MAG grip pulldowns wide with MAG grip close grip seated rows.
* Prowler 3 laps, 1 heavy, 1 med , 1 no weight and 1 lap recovery. Listening to the book Monster Hunter International: Siege so my breathing focus was not as good, nor was my time. I enjoy these books a lot. The wife calls them brain candy. Still the go was not bad at all. Started to lay over the poles on the heavy lap, well all the laps, but remembered my vow not to. Did keep the recovery times down to the 10 to 15 second range between pushes.
* Activations and BT 12 mins gut roll/static work
* Side planks 4×20 to 30 sec a side
* Arm bars 3×3 per side with extended stretch and hold
* Half get ups 3×5 per side
* Reverse Hypers 3×12 prior, 3×12 post
* Deadlifts with new continuous straps. close and med sumo for 8×3 working up each set. 425×1. Back was still angry from Saturday wide stance GMs so capped it there.
* Bosu ball BW squats for time. 5 mins total. Fulls mixed with bottom pauses and partials. Basically anything that kept me on the ball. My calves were blowed up afterwards like I did a marathon calf session.
Prowler work: I was lying awake in the middle of the night and thinking how I could beat my time (among other keep you awake things) and one way was to joggy/half sprint the normal 30 second pushes and walk it off for 10 seconds (I know Tabata right). I hate looking at my watch as it makes me jump the gun on breaks and not attack the breathing. But I also hate not knowing the time. I managed not to look at it and spoil the run. The joggy/sprints went fine and I figured I would have a good time. Adding a new element always causes issues and sure enough I did not regulate well. I know I am doubling the push time, well I imagined I was anyhow, it actually was better but not substantially at 7:12 for a 1/3 mile lap. Better but not the awesome I expected as payment for the joggy/sprint. Added another regular gasping lap and a walksy and wrapped it up. Tomorrow will be the last day until after the short weekend vacay.
— end the article —