Training with Gucci Mane
I think a lot of my workout apathy is because we are not currently planning my training so I do not have a schedule. One of our long time employees retired at the end of August and we had to replace her, so September has been focused on training the new employee. October will be focused on the big move and then November will be focused on figuring out the flow of our new space. Basically there is no reason to have a strict training platform when everything is so up in the air.
This week I have actually gotten a little skippy and I had two good workouts in a row.
Tuesday, September 26th:
- One lap with the farmers walks. That is 1/3 of a mile and each implement weighs about 100 lbs. I was able to go 50 paces at a clip this time around and wasn’t nearly as gassed when I was done. Win!
- Log press with the 100 lbs. log. I was having a weird neck issue probably associated with the shrugs going on with the farmers walks. I didn’t want to push this but I did 12 single clean and presses with the log.
- One lap with the prowler with 45 lbs. on each handle.
Total time was about 1 hour and 20 minutes and I was punked when I was done. Thank goodness I just had to go home and eat dinner because I am not sure I could have accomplished anything else.
Wednesday, September 27th:
Riding on the high from the workout yesterday I formulated this one while lying in bed. It turned out to be just as bad as I thought. All of this, with the exception of the prowler, was done as a non-stop loop. I got about 11 or 12 rounds done in an hour.
- 3 Front squats with double 16 kg. Kettlebells
- 1 double kettlebell overhead hold for 10 seconds (10 alligator)
- 3 step ups per leg on the tire with a 20 lb. chain – front ways
- 3 step ups per leg on the tire with a 20 lb. chain – sideways
- 6 sledgehammer reps per side
I ended with workout with 2 laps with the prowler with no weight. I only had about 20 minutes so I ran/sprinted for as much time as I could. It worked out.
My motivation was listening to the new autobiography of Gucci Mane. I am about half way through and I am really enjoying the listen.
— end the article —